Brazil oil & gas and marine news highlights from DIT
23 September 2020The below highlights have been compiled by the Department for International Trade (DIT).
Market News and Intelligence
- Petrobras has recently published two teasers addressing opportunities in Brazil.The first refers to the company’s process to sell its totaloperatedworkinginterestsin a group of concessions in onshore and shallow water E&P fields, located in the Potiguar Basin, in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil. The object of this process is the assignment of the rights to explore, develop and produce oil and natural gas of these group of concessions. The second opportunity refers to Petrobras’ process to sell its operated working interests in five onshore E&P fields, located in the Espírito Santo Basin, in the State of Espírito Santo, Brazil. The object of this process is the assignment of the rights to explore, develop and produce oil and natural gas of these group of concessions, with integrated facilities, in order to provide potential buyers with full operating conditions. Both teasers can be found at Petrobras’ Investor Relations website.[Petrobras Investor Relations]
- Asset in the Pre-Salt Polygon in binding phase.Petrobras started the binding phase of the sale of 50% to 100% of its participation in the concession BM-S-51 with passage of operation, in the Santos Basin pre-salt. The concession is located in a water depth between 350 m and 1,650 m, about 215 km off the coast of Săo Paulo. Potential buyers eligible for this phase will receive an invitation letter with instructions on the divestment process, including guidelines for carrying out due diligence and sending binding proposals.[Brazil Energy – Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- 13 Subsea manifolds up for bid.Petrobras began receiving bids to contract for up to 13 subsea manifolds, seven of which are for oil production and six for water injection. The competition is divided into two lots: the first ("A”) includes five production and three injection manifolds, and the second ("B”), two production and three injection manifolds. The deadline for submitting offers expires on November 2. Major manifold suppliers include Aker Solutions, GE O&G, Schlumberger (through Cameron/OneSubsea) and TechnipFMC.[Brazil Energy – Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- Business intelligence: new bid for Mero 3.Petrobras launched the bidding notice for contracting the well interconnection service for the Mero 3 project, a field located in the Santos Basin cluster. Aimed at a total of 12 wells, including six producers and six injectors, the contract determines that the installation campaign will start in the first quarter of 2024. The tender for Mero 3 includes the contracting of the engineering service, supply of equipment and the launch and installation of the lines, under the EPCI regime.[Brazil Energy – Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- How the NG market will work with the New Law that is in the Senate.The New Natural Gas Law provides for authorization instead of a concession to operate the natural gas transportation service and allows storage in depleted oil fields. According to the text, the granting of authorization for the construction or expansion of gas pipelines should occur after a public call to be made by the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels (ANP). The change in the gas pipeline exploitation regime is proposed under the justification of making the process simpler than the current concessions (with auctions), preventing a company from acting in several stages of production and avoid verticalization, when transporters, producers and traders of the gas chain form societies.[T&B Petroleum]
- Petrobras on contracting the sixth FPSO of Búzios.The company informs that it has started negotiations with SBM Offshore N.V. (SBM) to contract the FPSO - floating production storage and offloading Almirante Tamandaré, to be installed in the Búzios field, in Santos Basin. The FPSO Almirante Tamandaré will be the sixth production system of the Búzios field, with startup schedule for the second half of 2024. It will be the largest oil production unit operating on the Brazilian coast and one of the largest in the world, with daily processing capacity of 225 thousand barrels of oil and 12 million m3 of gas.[T&B Petroleum]
- Pre-salt Lula field is among the 10 largest oil producers in the world.The field, in the pre-salt of the Santos basin is today the seventh field with the largest oil production in the world, surpassing emblematic assets in the onshore and offshore of countries like Russia, United States and Iraq. In July, according to the bulletin of the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels – ANP, with 9.5 years of production reached an accumulated total of 2.038 billion barrels of oil equivalent. Behind only the also emblematic Marlim field, in the Campos basin, it has an accumulated production of 2.827 billion boe since the first oil, in March 1991 – volume reached in almost 20 years.[Brazil Energy Insight]
- Vale's decarbonization plan foresees less emissions in shipping-The Company intends to expand the use of alternative energy in the other terminals operated by it. Goals for the entire logistics chain represent investments of £ 1.5 billion to reduce emissions by 33% by 2030.[Portos e Navios – Portuguese Only. Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- The Port of Imbituba recorded an increase of 12.7% in the movement on the month of August, in comparison with the same period last year. In all, 18 ships docked at the port for loading and unloading of 558,523 tons. "With extra care, operational efficiency and commitment to maintaining the supply chain, the Port of Imbituba has managed to overcome this pandemic and present good results."Highlights Luís Antonio Braga Martins, CEO of SCPAR Porto de Imbituba.[Portos e Navios – Portuguese Only. Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- Gross collection of the Additional Freight for the Renewal of the Merchant Navy (AFRMM),the main source of funds of the Merchant Navy Fund (FMM),totaled £ 368,5 million in the first half of this year, 32.5% above of the first six months of 2019 (£ 280,1 million). In the second quarter of 2020, gross revenue totaled £ 176,9 million, against £ 146,5 million in the same period of 2019.[Portos e Navios – Portuguese Only. Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- Known to be a strategic HUB for Leisure Marine,the State of Santa Catarina, through its Department of Tourism, discussed with the Marine team of the Department for International Trade of Brazil the opportunities between the State and British Investors.Santa Catarina has the largest speedboat factory in all of South America which obtained gross sales of R$ 68.9 million (£ 10.3 million) with the sale of 785 boats in 2014, obtaining the title of largest national exporter of recreational and sport boats.[SANTUR – Portuguese Only. Contact the Energy Team for further information]
- EIC Rio: Office Space Available- if you are looking for an office space in Rio, the EIC currently has one office suite available,as well as virtual office and hotdesk services for EIC members. To find out more, please contact Joăo Gabriel Maia (firstname.lastname@example.org), Office & Events Manager at the EIC for further information,or click here.
Events and Webinars
The UK’s Department for International Trade runs and participates inbusiness events throughout the year, both in Brazil and in the UK. Here is a taste of what's coming up:
Virtual Energy Exports Conference
28 September - 01 October, 2020
Organiser: The Energy Industries Council (EIC) in partnership with the Department for International Trade (DIT), UK Export Finance (UKEF) and other Government departments.
The virtual Energy Exports Conference is a major international energy industry event aimed at supporting the UK energy supply chain to export its products, services and expertise into global markets. Event attendance is free and is expected to attract delegations from around the world.
The two major themes throughout this event focus on:
• Growing Export & Trade (GET): This stream features expert guidance for those new to exporting who want to find out how to get started on their export journey or what markets they should target.
• Global Opportunities (GO): This stream will include global delegations and presentations from leading EPC contractors and operators working on current and future energy projects, showcasing the opportunities available to the supply chain, and explaining how suppliers can start engaging with these.
To register and find out more information, please visit exportsconference.energy
FPSO Brazil Congress
09 – 11 November, 2020
Organiser: FPSO Network
As the industry adapts to new National leadership and adjusts to new local content regulations, the FPSO community in Brazil is ready to welcome a new era of growth and opportunities in deepwater fields. FPSO Brasil Congress 2020 will be one of the largest FPSO-dedicated Congress the Brazilian community – bringing fresh eyes and new participants ranging from project development and execution through to operations, focusing on new topics like contracting models, the increasing emergence of EPCs, operational readiness, digital FPSOs, maximizing local industry capacity and more.
Due to the pandemic, the eventisnow going to take place online. You can find further information here.
Rio Oil & Gas
01 – 03 December, 2020
Organiser: Conference – IBP, Brazilian Petroleum, Gas and Biofuels Institute
UK Pavillion – EIC, Energy Industries Council.
The face-to-face Rio Oil & Gas will be postponed and will no longer occur in September 2020 due to COVID-19 situation. A new date is under study, considering projections and curves of the pandemic in Brazil, so that the event is carried out with all excellence and innovation from previous editions, reinforcing the importance of the development of the oil and gas industry in convergence with the growth of the Brazilian economy.
In2020, IBP will hold a virtual version of the event, however the dates have not yet been released. We will update the information in our event section as soon as it becomes available.
For the2021 edition, the EIC is organising and managing theUK National Pavilion at Rio Oil & Gas. After an extremely successful edition in 2018, exhibitors were very pleased with the quality of footfall and optimistic with the Brazilian market, and we are excited to return yet again.
South America’s largest economy, Brazil remains one of the most important players in the oil and gas sector. The country’s massive oil reserves and the frequent offshore oil discoveries made in the coveted pre-salt province make Brazil an attractive destination for IOCs around the world.
Benefits of exhibiting on the UK Pavilion:
• Prime location in the main hall, surrounded by Petrobras, Technip FMC and Equinor;
• Innovative UK branded stand design and overhead signage;
• Fully inclusive package including furniture, electricity, literature rack, stand cleaning and overnight security;
• Access to catered group UK lounge;
• Enhanced marketing opportunities through various publications;
• Company profile in the UK Group brochure;
• UK Networking Reception with VIP guests;
• Support from our local EIC office in Rio and DIT;
• Country overviews, project data presentations and introductions to key contacts;
• A dedicated project manager to assist prior to and onsite at the show;
• Appointed UK stand designer and freight partner;
• Help to identify potential partners & customers;
• VIP Pavilion Tours.
For further information and to book your stand, please contact email@example.com or visit https://www.the-eic.com/Events/Exhibitions/RioOilGas
Intermodal South America
02 – 04 March, 2021
Săo Paulo – Brazil
Organiser: Informa Markets
Intermodal South America is the largest event in the Americas aimed at the sectors of logistics, intralogistics, cargo transportation and foreign trade. In its 26thedition, the fair is considered a business platform that brings together, in three days, the main players in the sector with the objective of promoting business and partnerships and supporting the development and technological improvement of the segments that it brings together. In its latest edition, it brought together more than 400 exhibiting brands from 22 countries and attracted more than 38 thousand professionals
Due to the pandemic the event was postponed, you can find further information here.
UK & Brazil: Partners in Energy – 8th Edition
16 March, 2021
Belmond Copacabana Palace | Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
Organiser: DIT – Department for International Trade
The UK & Brazil: Partners in Energy is an annual event that aims to promote and strengthen the partnership between UK and Brazil in the energy sector, through knowledge sharing, best practice and commercial exchange. It is a platform for British and Brazilian companies and government agencies to discuss the future of the energy sector, its challenges and opportunities, and to gain a deeper insight into regulatory frameworks, new technologies and solutions in areas of common interest.
More information to be released soon.