Subsea Asia 2021 Launch
09 December 2020
This event has concluded. Presentations are available below.
Subsea Asia will return to Kuala Lumpur in November 2021 giving UK subsea companies the opportunity to showcase their technologies and capabilities to the market in Asia. There will be a small exhibition and a two day conference.
- 09:30/16:30 – 09:40/16:40 Neil Gordon to welcome delegates, scene set, introduce the speakers and facilitate
- 09:40/16:40 – 10:00/ 17:00 Thom Payne, Westwood Global Energy Group to give overview of Asian Market
Westwood Global Energy Group
- 10:00/17:00 – 10:15/17:15 James Chan, Vice President, Trade & Investment, Malaysia Petroleum Resources Corporation (MPRC)
James Chan, Vice President, Trade & Investment
Malaysia Petroleum Resources Corporation (MPRC)
- 10:15/17:15 – 10:30/17:30 Alun Jones gave a situation update on the state of play of trade exhibitions and conferences in Malaysia in the context of the current COVID restrictions
Alun Jones, Managing Director at Business Events Partnership
Alun Jones joined Allworld Exhibitions (formerly Montgomery Exhibitions) in 1989 and held a number of senior sales positions before appointment to the Board in 1997 as Director of the Oil and Gas Portfolio followed in 2000 by a promotion to Director of the Singapore Division. In both cases responsible for managing an international team of Project Managers selling international companies into Asian and Middle East events.
In 2007 he took up the position of General Manager, of Malaysian Exhibition Services Sdn Bhd (a member of the Allworld Network). In January 2019 Alun left UBM to set up Business Events Partnership Sdn Bhd a consultancy providing support services in all aspects of trade show and event management targeting organisers, venues, trade associations and corporate clients.
During his time in Malaysia, Alun was Vice President for the Malaysia Association of Convention and Exhibition Organisers and Suppliers (MACEOS), the recognised trade association representing the MICE sector in Malaysia. Alun was instrumental in creating MACEOS’s first recognised training programme for the exhibition industry. He was also editor of the association publication Business Events Malaysia.
- 10:30/17:30 – 11:00/18:00 Panel /Discussion/Q&A (Sofiyan Yahya, Chairman, KTP, Westwood Global Energy Group, MPRC and Alun Jones)
Sofiyan Yahya, Chairman
Koperasi Tenaga dan Petroliam Bhd (KTP)