NOC publishes home-schooling resources
08 January 2021The following has been compiled by the National Oceanography Centre as a resource for home-schooling.
- Royal Institution Christmas lectures - three hour-long earth science lectures available via BBC iPlayer including guest appearances from NOC scientists in episode 2.
- Encounter Edu designs and delivers sponsored STEM and global learning programs, transforming education inside and outside the classroom including NOC sponsored unit Our Ocean Planet.
- NOC YouTube Channel - lots of short videos about our work including the recent 'Monsters of the Deep' series.
- Free Massive Open Online Course - Ocean Science in Action: Addressing Marine Ecosystems and Food Security (suitable for older children/young adults) Starts 18 January, runs for 4 weeks, 2-4 hours learning per week.
- STEM Learning - resources for teachers, educators and families.
- NOC educational resources - various resources including fact sheets, colouring templates and women in engineering career profiles.