Global Underwater HubEVENTS MANAGER
GLOBAL UNDERWATER HUB
The Global Underwater Hub (GUH) is a new strategically focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UKís underwater sector into one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the country. Key targets for the GUH organisation include accelerating the transition to net-zero, driving innovation and growth and making a step-change in the development and internationalisation of technology and services across the UK underwater sector.
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
- Facilitating multidisciplinary collaborations between companies, sectors, government, industry bodies, institutions and academia
- Promoting cross-fertilisation of innovative underwater solutions which will help the shift to low carbon and deliver outputs which are greater than the sum of their parts
- Better connecting the different bodies, institutions and companies with the market opportunities to deliver the underwater solutions of the future
To support this exciting new organisation in its development and growth, there is an immediate requirement for an Events Manager to join the GUH. This role will be instrumental in the development and growth of the GUH. Accountable to the Operations Director, this is a unique opportunity to join a newly established organisation where you can help shape the role and contribute to enhancing and growing Subsea UKís already strong reputation and offering in the Events field within the new GUH organisation.
OBJECTIVES / SCOPE
The Events Managerís primary responsibility is to lead and manage the creation and delivery of the range of physical, online and hybrid events (exhibitions, conferences, workshops, meetings and webinars) that support the GUH organisationís delivery of services to members, partners and potential service users.
A key part of this role will be working with Sector and Project Specialist colleagues to support their engagement activities and delivery of events applicable to that specific market sector.
The Events Manager is accountable to the Operations Director and has responsibility to support the delivery of the Events elements of organisationís annual business plan. Role responsibilities include developing and managing the range of internal and external GUH activities and leading on new and existing member engagement activities such as supporting the delivery of events, driving proactive revenue generation through new and innovative events and activities, as well as leading and supporting event planning, marketing and advertising.
These are key roles that are central to meeting GUH operational performance and financial targets.
- Lead and manage the creation and delivery of the range of physical, online and hybrid events (exhibitions, conferences, workshops, meetings and webinars) that support the GUH organisations delivery of services to members, partners and potential service users.
- Lead and drive proactive revenue generation through identifying opportunities for new and innovative events and activities.
- Lead and deliver the management and coordination of all Subsea UK events and functions both nationally and internationally performing a pivotal role in delivering a professional events service to the membership.
- Input to and deliver on KPIs and targets included in the annual events plan and revenue generation targets.
- Lead and manage coordination of relationships with sponsors, suppliers, PR consultants, venue providers and all other parties through the entire life cycle of an event or function from pre-planning, budget control, troubleshooting, staging on the day to post event/function debriefing and feedback.
- Ensure that all events based needs and expectations of the membership are fully understood, and delivered and that any required customisation or adjustment to GUH events support and service provision is implemented
- Business development Ė focus on maintaining, retaining and developing relationships with Subsea UK members
- Work closely with the GUH senior management and the commercial team to ensure that strategies are aligned, and obtain data input from market intelligence gained via membership to drive new and proactive event based revenue generation opportunities
- Encourage collaboration within the global underwater community
- Bachelorís degree in an operations or business-related discipline, or equivalent demonstrable events management prior experience
- Demonstrable strategic and operational knowledge and experience within events management
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role / environment
- Knowledge and experience of underwater business environments desirable but not essential
- Ability to manage annual events budgets in excess of £100,000 plus
- Knowledge of and experience of working in and / or with Events Management providers
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a broad range of stakeholders and senior level management
- Ability to act as the main operational contact for the GUH membership on events activities, queries and issues
- Ability to input towards and develop the events management aspects of the GUH Operations plan
- Customer events management, coordination and facilitation. Ability to facilitate networking with GUH members and senior management and represent and build relations at trade fairs and GUH customer events.
- Shaping and safeguarding of the GUH internal events agenda
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a diverse range of stakeholders and cross sector senior level management
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction often in remote global locations
- Has demonstrated / commands respect from peers and demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and develop diverse staff
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Candidates should note that an element of travel both within the UK and internationally will be a requirement of this role.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to Angus Brechin, HR Manager, Global Underwater Hub angus.brechin@theGUH.co.uk