Market Intelligence Manager
Global Underwater HubMARKET INTELLIGENCE MANAGER
GLOBAL UNDERWATER HUB
The Global Underwater Hub (GUH) is a new strategically focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater sector into one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the country. Key targets for the GUH organisation include accelerating the transition to net-zero, driving innovation and growth and making a step-change in the development and internationalisation of technology and services across the UK underwater sector.
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
The GUH will achieve this by:
- Facilitating multidisciplinary collaborations between companies, sectors, government, industry bodies, institutions and academia
- Promoting cross-fertilisation of innovative underwater solutions which will help the shift to low carbon and deliver outputs which are greater than the sum of their parts
- Better connecting the different bodies, institutions and companies with the market opportunities to deliver the underwater solutions of the future
To support this exciting new organisation in its development and growth, there is an immediate requirement for a Market Intelligence Manager to join the GUH. A core element of GUH activities is the provision of strategic market intelligence relevant to the UK and global underwater industry and as such this role will be instrumental in the development and growth of the GUH. Accountable to the CEO, this is a unique opportunity to join a newly established organisation where you can help shape the role and contribute to enhancing and growing the GUH value proposition for existing and new members via provision of value adding market intelligence and information across the wider underwater sector and "blue economy”.
OBJECTIVES / SCOPE
The GUH Market Intelligence Manager will be responsible for designing and leading research projects and producing intelligence on behalf of the organisation, its members, and partners. The role holder will propose strategies for the organisation to help meet its objectives, including proactively reporting on important developments and trends in the underwater sector and global markets.
The Market Intelligence Manager will be able to understand, utilise and work with appropriate market intelligence systems and processes and will be an experienced people leader.
The role requires an individual who can analyse and understand the strategic and commercial needs of the underwater sector, how best to identify viable opportunities in the domestic and global "Blue Economy” and link member companies to these opportunities.
The post holder therefore needs to be able to collaborate cross industry within the underwater sector and fit the whole picture together regarding relevant market intelligence, trends and opportunities for member companies.
They also need to understand the capabilities of the full UK underwater sector and the global supply base in order to recommend new or enhanced products and services member organisations could develop and offer in order to best exploit new and existing global opportunities.
Areas of key focus, intelligence gathering, and dissemination may include:
- Fore sighting of market trends in the UK and globally
- UK market developments
- Global market developments
- Supply Chain analysis (outsourcing opportunities etc)
- Industry Performance Analysis
- Monitor strategic activities and trends, providing on-going analysis of market data across the underwater sector and identifying those elements of importance to GUH members
- Be the "go-to” source for market intelligence for the underwater sector in the GUH, providing a focal point for collation and provision of strategic, commercially driven global market intelligence and data relating to the underwater sector
- Publish regular output and deep-dive analysis of underwater sector trends and opportunities for the supply chain
- Define, deliver and manage services and solutions to be developed to support delivery of information, relevant market intelligence and operations within the GUH
- Create dashboards and other business and market intelligence tools required to support delivery.
- Support strategic initiatives in driving the organisation forward, and provide data for business cases
- Work closely with the business development team and sector specialists to ensure that strategies are aligned, and provide data analysis support as required
- Encourage collaboration within the global underwater community
- Stay current with latest IT trends / solutions to improve management of data and systems within GUH
- Degree in business or commercial related subject, or qualified by experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a market intelligence / business analyst role
- Knowledge of the global underwater sector with demonstrable exposure to underwater business environments desirable but not essential
- Expertise in critically reviewing and summarising data and findings, and translating to recommendations for senior management
- Experience evaluating business trends and assessing market conditions
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the areas/actions that impact profitability
- Ability to think strategically
- Proven ability to understand, utilise and work with market intelligence systems, processes and tools
- Ability to extract market intelligence information relevant to the underwater industry, register into the organisation information database and generate relevant market insight and reports
- Lead and coordinate market intelligence related activities across the GUH organisation
- Establish and implement the GUH market intelligence plan, including data analytics, information sources, trends, opportunities and market intelligence communications methodologies
- Ability to build relations with internal and external stakeholders and market intelligence specialist providers
- Shaping and safeguarding of internal market intelligence agenda
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and to budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential (especially Power BI)
- Managing and developing data warehousing solutions in Azure
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with and range of diverse stakeholders and senior level management across the underwater sector
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction
- Has demonstrated / commands respect from peers
- Has demonstrable leadership qualities and experience of leading people
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- A keen attention to detail
- Technology advocate
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to Angus Brechin, HR Manager, Global Underwater Hub angus.brechin@theGUH.co.uk
If you have any requirements or adjustments that you may need assistance with throughout the application process, please contact Angus Brechin or call 01224 506600.