Strategic Program Manager
Global Underwater Hub
STRATEGIC PROGRAM MANAGER
GLOBAL UNDERWATER HUB
The Global Underwater Hub (GUH) is a new strategically focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater industry into one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the country
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
OBJECTIVES / SCOPE
A core element of GUH activities is the provision of strategic market intelligence relevant to the UK and global underwater industry.
The GUH Strategic Program Manager will be responsible for designing and managing research projects and producing intelligence on behalf of the organisation, its members, and partners. The role holder will propose strategies for the organisation to help meet its objectives, including proactively reporting on important developments and trends in the underwater sector and global markets.
The Strategic Program Manager will be able to understand, utilise and work with appropriate market intelligence systems and processes and will be an experienced people leader.
The role requires an individual who can analyse and understand the strategic and commercial needs of the underwater sector, how best to identify viable opportunities in the domestic and global "Blue Economy” and link member companies to these opportunities.
The post holder therefore needs to be able to collaborate cross industry within the underwater sector and fit the whole picture together regarding relevant market intelligence, trends and opportunities for member companies.
They also need to understand the capabilities of the full UK underwater sector and the global supply base in order to recommend new or enhanced products and services member organisations could develop and offer in order to best exploit new and existing opportunities globally.
Areas of key focus, intelligence gathering, and dissemination may include:
Fore sighting of market trends in the UK and globally
UK market developments
Global market developments
Supply Chain analysis (outsourcing opportunities etc)
Industry Performance Analysis
The postholder is a member of the GUH strategic management group.
- Monitor strategic activities and trends, providing on-going analysis of market data across the underwater sector and identifying those elements of importance to GUH members
- Be the "go-to” source for market intelligence for the underwater sector in the GUH, providing a focal point for collation and provision of strategic, commercially driven global market intelligence and data relating to the underwater sector
- Publish regular output and deep-dive analysis of underwater sector trends and opportunities for the supply chain
- Define, deliver and manage services and solutions to be developed to support delivery of information, relevant market intelligence and operations within the GUH
- Create dashboards and other business and market intelligence tools required to support delivery track.
- Support strategic initiatives in driving the organisation forward, and provide data for business cases
- Work closely with the Business Development team and Sector specialists to ensure that strategies are aligned, and provide data analysis support as required
- Encourage collaboration within the global underwater community
- Stay current with latest IT trends / solutions to improve management of data and systems within GUH
- Other duties as directed by the CEO and Commercial Director (when appointed)
GUH CORE VALUES
Trustworthy – We are an open and welcoming organisation
Strategic – We are an intelligence led organisation providing stakeholders with access to information relevant to the underwater marketplace.
Expertise – We are industry subject matter experts, providing specialist knowledge of all sectors of the underwater industry
Insightful – We ensure our stakeholders have access to relevant data and market analysis to allow them to harness opportunities in a growing global marketplace
Collaborative – We work across industry sectors to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
All our activities are underpinned with a demonstrable focus on our own personal safety and the safety of our colleagues and stakeholders. We always demonstrate safety leadership in our words and actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in business or commercial related subject, or qualified by experience
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a Strategy / Market Intelligence / business analyst role
- Knowledge of the global underwater sector with demonstrable exposure to underwater business environments
- Expertise in critically reviewing and summarising data and findings, and translating to recommendations for senior management
- Experience evaluating business trends and assessing market conditions
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the areas/actions that impact profitability
- Ability to think strategically
SPECIFIC TRAINING / SPECIALIST SKILLS
- Proven expertise on market intelligence systems, processes and tools
- Ability to extract market intelligence information relevant to the underwater industry, register into the organisation information database and generate relevant market reports
- Lead and coordinate market intelligence related activities across the GUH organisation
- Establish and implement the GUH market intelligence plan, including data analytics, information sources, trends, opportunities and market intelligence communications methodologies
- Ability to build relations with internal and external stakeholders and market intelligence specialist providers
- Shaping and safeguarding of internal market intelligence agenda
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and to budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential (especially Power BI)
- Managing and developing data warehousing solutions in Azure
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with and range of stakeholders and senior level management
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction
- Has demonstrated / commands respect from peers
- Has demonstrable leadership qualities
- Has demonstrable experience of leading people
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- A keen attention to detail
- Technology advocate
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to Angus Brechin, HR Manager, Global Underwater Hub angus.brechin@theGUH.co.uk
If you have any requirements or adjustments that you may need assistance with throughout the application process, please contact Angus Brechin or call 01224 506600.