Subsea Expo

Access. Connect. Grow.

Westwood: 'Near 15GW of floating wind capacity expected online by 2030'

View all news from: Westwood Global Energy Group
View directory entry for: Westwood Global Energy Group

« Back to News Feed

23 June 2022

The global floating wind market is a rapidly developing one with a very strong portfolio of projects in the pipeline. Westwood is currently tracking over 121GW worth of projects in its offshore wind solution, WindLogix, representing a huge amount of potential floating wind capacity. Of the 121GW, close to 15GW of capacity is expected to come online by 2030. To put this into perspective, 15GW of capacity will account for 4% of the total 2030 offshore wind installed base with the other 96% firmly in fixed-bottom wind turbines. But where is the appetite for floating wind and what are the opportunities and challenges facing this fundamentally untapped market?

more [source: Westwood Global Energy Group]