Global Underwater Hub - NewcastleRELATIONSHIP MANAGER
GLOBAL UNDERWATER HUB
The Global Underwater Hub (GUH) is a new strategically focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater industry into one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the country
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
The Relationship Manager’s primary responsibility is for developing the GUH strategy and strategic targets for the North of England in line with the wider GUH strategy. The role holder will develop strategic relationships and projects with existing and potential members and service users in the region including government agencies, industry organisations and partners.
This role will be crucial to identifying, developing and implementing the key strategic targets and drivers for the new GUH organisation both locally, nationally and internationally. As such the role holder will work closely with the Chief Executive and GUH senior management to develop and implement aligned strategic targets to support the GUH growth plans.
These activities will be particularly important in the early stages of the new GUH organisation as existing partnerships need to be developed and maintained within the new GUH organisation whilst new partners and new service users also need to be attracted from across the UK and across multiple blue economy sectors.
The role holder will identify and pursue new business development opportunities, as well as working to develop strategic relationships and projects with existing and potential service users (members and partners) from across the respective underwater industry sectors. In addition, they will be tasked with managing the day-to-day relationships with member companies and representatives by maintaining good open communications and building on existing relationships while also securing partnership agreements with complimentary service provides.
The Relationship Manager will be an ambassador for the vision and values of the GUH by promoting the value proposition of membership while playing a leading role in new business development, membership recruitment and retention. The Role is accountable to the Chief Executive and has further responsibility to support the development and delivery of the organisation’s annual business plan.
Role responsibilities also include agreeing and facilitating the full range of internal and external GUH activities such as supporting new and existing member engagement activities, supporting the delivery of events, supporting communications and commercial activities as well as utilising and providing market insight gleaned from member organisations and specialist sector and project activity.
The Relationship Manager will be supported by an Advisory Board and Chairperson drawn from North of England GUH members, government agencies, education and skills and strategic partners and is a key role that is central to meeting GUH operational performance and financial targets.
The GUH North hub, and this role, will be located in Newcastle, and will cover the whole North of England with regional forums in the North East, North West and Yorkshire and Humberside. This role will also act as the figurehead and operational location leader within the Newcastle Hub and will be responsible for day-to-day line management of the local GUH team in the Newcastle hub.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the region including government agencies, industry organisations and partners.
- Support the creation and delivery of special projects via partnership programmes
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with member companies and representatives maintaining good open communications with all members building on existing relationships and securing partnership agreements with complimentary service provides.
- Promote the value proposition of membership and play a leading role in new business development, membership recruitment and retention.
- Partner with the Membership Development Manager to manage and drive membership renewals and ensure membership records and internal membership databases are fully maintained and up to date.
- Secure new service users (members and partners) from across the respective sub-sectors, and deliver appropriate partnership agreements with complimentary service provides.
- Identify and pursue new Business Development opportunities
- Ensure that needs and expectations of the membership are fully understood, and any required customisation or adjustment to GUH support and services is implemented
- Ensure that existing and potential new members key drivers, organisation and current plans are known, understood and shared within the wider GUH organisation
- Support strategic initiatives in driving the organisation forward, and provide data gleaned from existing, new and prospective members to support business cases and initiatives
- Work closely with the Commercial team and sector specialists to ensure that strategies are aligned, and provide data input from market intelligence gained via member companies as appropriate
- Encourage collaboration within the global underwater community
- Other duties as directed by the CEO
GUH CORE VALUES
Trustworthy – We are an open and welcoming organisation
Strategic – We are an intelligence led organisation providing stakeholders with access to information relevant to the underwater marketplace.
Expertise – We are industry subject matter experts, providing specialist knowledge of all sectors of the underwater industry
Insightful – We ensure our stakeholders have access to relevant data and market analysis to allow them to harness opportunities in a growing global marketplace
Collaborative – We work across industry sectors to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
All our activities are underpinned with a demonstrable focus on our own personal safety and the safety of our colleagues and stakeholders. We always demonstrate safety leadership in our words and actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience in an operations, marketing or business-related discipline
- Strategic and operational experience within relationship management
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role / environment
- Knowledge and experience of underwater business environments
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a broad range of stakeholders and senior level management
SPECIFIC TRAINING / SPECIALIST SKILLS
- Ability to act as the main relationship management contact for the GUH membership
- Coordinate and deliver membership relationship management activities across the GUH organisation
- Ability to establish and implement GUH business development and relationship management plan for existing and potential new member organisations across the Subsea sector
- Ability to represent and build relations at trade fairs and GUH customer events.
- Shaping and safeguarding of internal relationship management / BD agenda
- Can demonstrate a track record of successful project delivery, on time and budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 skills essential
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with and range of stakeholders and senior level management
- Has the proven ability to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Is strategically aware but action orientated
- Is a proven self-starter, capable of working under own direction
- Commands respect from peers and demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and develop diverse staff
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to Angus Brechin, HR Manager, Global Underwater Hub angus.brechin@theGUH.co.uk
If you have any requirements or adjustments that you may need assistance with throughout the application process, please contact Angus Brechin or call 01224 506600.