Visit from Ghana Minister of Energy, His Excellency Honourable Matthew Opoku Prempeh
26 September 2022
Venue: GUH Office, 1 Abercrombie Court, Westhill, AB32 6FE
On the morning of 26th September, the Scottish Africa Business Association, in partnership with Global Underwater Hub, hosted a Ministerial delegation from Ghana in Aberdeen for a series of private meetings to discuss the opportunities for UK based businesses arising from the release of five offshore blocks.
The delegation was led by His Excellency Honourable Matthew Opoku Prempeh, Minister of Energy, and will include Mr Opoku-Ahweneeh Danquah, CEO of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation and Mr Egbert Faibille, CEO of the Petroleum Commission, a number of senior officials and the rights holders to the farm in blocks.
Below is a brief overview of the blocks that were be discussed and the brochure from the Ministry can be found here:
· Block 1 – Deep Water Cape Three Points Block, a farm in opportunity to partner with GOIL Offshore Ghana
· Block 2 – Offshore Cape Three Points South, for development
· Block 3 – Shallow Water Cape Three Points, for development
· Block 4 – South West Salt Point Block, for development
· Block 5 – Expanded Shallow Water Tano Block, farm in opportunity to partner with Base Energy Ghana
This was the only promotion of these blocks in the UK and an opportunity to discuss all aspects privately with the decision and policy makers.