Membership Development Coordinator
Global Underwater Hub - AberdeenMEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
GLOBAL UNDERWATER HUB
The Global Underwater Hub (GUH) is a new strategically focused, intelligence-led organisation that aims to transform the UK’s underwater industry into one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the country
Led and governed by industry, the GUH will represent, promote and support all sectors of the underwater industry by providing companies with the market information, connections and access to specialist expertise that they need to grow.
The primary focus of the Membership Development Coordinator will be to support and assist the Membership Development Manager in recognising, sourcing, nurturing and securing new members to the Global Underwater Hub membership, as well as ensuring existing memberships are maintained, and ongoing member relationship enhanced.
The role will involve direct contact with existing GUH members. Enhancing the members awareness of internal and external events, interaction with members to understand their needs and interests, work with the membership to understand ways to enhance the membership relationship.
Further, the role also has responsibility to assist with the continual tracking, update and maintenance of the company CRM (Client Management) system as well as support the maintenance, development and update of electronic filing systems and mailing lists, export of activity tracking and reporting, and any other admin duties that may be required.
- Provide support to secure new service users (members and partners) from across the respective blue economy sub-sectors, and also provide support to secure appropriate partnership agreements with complimentary service providers.
- Provide support to help identify and pursue new business development opportunities wherever possible
- Support the day-to-day relationships with existing member companies maintaining good open communications with all members, building on existing relationships and feeding back any relevant information received in the course of these duties
- Promote the value proposition of membership and play a leading role in new business development, membership recruitment and retention.
- Support and drive membership renewals and ensure full and proper maintenance of CMS membership records and internal membership and targets database
- Ensure that needs and expectations of the membership are fully understood, and any required customisation or adjustment to GUH support and services is implemented
- Ensure that existing and potential new members key drivers, organisation strategy and current plans are known, understood and shared within the wider GUH organisation
- Provide data gleaned from existing, new and prospective members to support business cases and initiatives
- Work closely with the local management and teams in the regional office locations to deliver on the organisations regional business development objectives.
- Work closely with the Events team to ensure the GUH events program and calendar is aligned to the needs of the membership and designed to offer a value adding, commercially minded suite of events at all times.
- Work closely with the Communications team to ensure timely, accurate and informed communications, member engagement and media management activities are maintained and delivered at all times.
- Work closely with the Commercial team, Relationship Managers and sector specialists in order to ensure that organisational strategies are aligned, and provide relevant data input from market intelligence gained via membership as appropriate
- Other duties as directed by the Membership Development Manager
GUH CORE VALUES
Trustworthy – We are an open and welcoming organisation
Strategic – We are an intelligence led organisation providing stakeholders with access to information relevant to the underwater marketplace.
Expertise – We are industry subject matter experts, providing specialist knowledge of all sectors of the underwater industry
Insightful – We ensure our stakeholders have access to relevant data and market analysis to allow them to harness opportunities in a growing global marketplace
Collaborative – We work across industry sectors to facilitate and support collaboration with colleagues and stakeholders.
All our activities are underpinned with a demonstrable focus on our own personal safety and the safety of our colleagues and stakeholders. We always demonstrate safety leadership in our words and actions.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree / HNC or equivalent relevant experience in an Marketing / BD / IT or CMS business-related discipline
- Demonstrable relevant operational experience within IT / Software and Database management
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role / environment
- Some knowledge of the offshore / underwater energy sector beneficial – but industry knowledge will be forthcoming
- Has proven ability to interact and develop respect with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and senior level management
- Good communications skills and personable manner
SPECIFIC TRAINING / SPECIALIST SKILLS
- IT literacy; able to pick up and learn new software tools quickly.
- Personal computer proficiency, Microsoft Office 365 and MS Teams skills essential
- Knowledge and experience of market intelligence database functionality
- Ability to manage multiple contacts at the same time
PERSONAL SKILLSNEXT STEPS
- Ability to work as part of a small team and to deadlines, as well as self-motivated
- Computer literate
- Excellent verbal communication and inter-personal skills. Has proven ability to interact with and develop respect with a range of stakeholders.
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Action orientated
- High level of integrity and discretion in dealing with sensitive information
- A keen attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- A proven ability to work in a collaborative fashion across departments and locations
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to Angus Brechin, HR Manager, Global Underwater Hub angus.brechin@theGUH.co.uk
If you have any requirements or adjustments that you may need assistance with throughout the application process, please contact Angus Brechin or call 01224 506600.