Managing Ageing Offshore Assets: Adapting for Net Zero (IMechE)
22 June 2023
Venue: Net Zero Technology Centre, Aberdeen
This seminar will address the challenges engineers face in the operation of offshore assets and equipment close to or beyond their design life, as well as exploring how renewables capacity can be designed for reliability considering the full lifecycle.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED INCLUDE:
- Contextualising the need to continue operating mature assets in the North Sea, including regulatory and operator perspectives
- Case studies on engineering activities undertaken to improve the performance of mature assets or extend their lives
- Exploration of the growing maturity of some offshore renewables, and lessons which can be learned from Oil & Gas to improve design and maintenance in the renewable industry
- The growing use of novel technologies including remote inspection, analysis of asset data and other innovations
The Institution is collaborating with key industry stakeholders to deliver this seminar. These include the Health and Safety Executive, the North Sea Transition Authority, and the Net Zero Technology Centre, who are also hosting the event in Aberdeen.
JOIN THIS EVENT TO:
- Prepare to utilise your skills to deliver reliable and sustainable offshore renewables
- Hear regulatory guidance on the continued operation of assets close to or beyond design-life
- Take away key lessons learned from operators on improved maintenance strategies and case studies on life extension
- Learn more about new technologies and data-driven methods for extending asset life and optimising performance
- Network with industry experts, cutting-edge researchers, and innovative solution providers
- Improve your organisational resilience in a changing energy landscape
Global Underwater Hub members can book supported IMechE events at a discounted rate.
For more information and to register, visit: https://events.imeche.org/ViewEvent?code=SEM7604#