Subsea 2010 Awards: Nominate Now!
02 December 2009The search is on to find the individuals and organisations that are leading the pack in the the fastest growing sector of the global offshore oil and gas industry.
Nominations have opened for the 2010 Subsea UK Business Awards which celebrate excellence and achievement across the rapidly expanding subsea sector and feature categories for individuals as well as small and large organisations.
In response to demand, two new categories have been added to the list. The categories are now as follows:
• Subsea Company of the Year for the most out-standing company overall of 2009, sponsored by Brewin Dolphin.
• New Enterprise for the most promising company aged five years or less, sponsored by Technip
• Emerging Talent to recognise individuals showing the most potential, sponsored by Fugro
• Subsea Technology & Innovation to showcase the best new technology, sponsored by Simmons & Co
• Subsea Global Exports to reward excellence in internationalisation, sponsored by UKT&I
• Lifetime Achievement to recognise an individual who has demonstrated commitment to and success in the industry over a significant period.
The closing date for the awards is 7th of December 2009 and nomination forms can be downloaded here. Finalists will be announced on 13th of January 2010. This year's awards dinner is sponsored by Triton Group.
More than 700 business leaders and entrepreneurs are expected to attend the glittering awards ceremony at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on February 10, 2010.
The gala event takes place during Europe's biggest subsea event, Subsea 2010, which last year attracted more than 100 exhibitors and upwards of 2,000 visitors representing the full spectrum of the UK capability in subsea oil and gas.
Subsea UK chief executive, Alistair Birnie, said: "This is a vibrant and exciting sector of the global oil and gas industry in which the spirit of enterprise and innovation developed over the last 30 years has helped place the UK sector at the forefront of research and technology development.
"Now in their fourth year, the awards aim to highlight the achievements of the individuals and companies who have not only helped shape the industry's past but will be a vital part of driving forward its future.
"We are delighted to add two new categories this year which will reward the key areas for the future success of this industry- innovation and technology and internationalisation. There are some major achievements in these areas in the last year and we hope to see them recognised. We would urge all subsea companies to consider entering so that we can celebrate their success."
The 2009 winners were Subsea 7 for Subsea Company of the Year, Flexlife for Best Newcomer to the Subsea Industry and Best Young Personality of the Year went to James Knipe of MCS.
The award for Greatest Individual Contribution to the Subsea Industry went to Dave Brookes of BP.
>> view previous winners